Thursday, March 31, 2016

Splitcoaststampers Inspiration Challenge #IC538

Such a lovely burst of energy surrounded me when I took a look at an Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoaststampers. Click HERE to link up to Inspiration Challenge 538. I actually pulled out my watercolor pencils I purchased in the 1980's! Incredible I know.


First I stamped the leaves from Sheltering Tree in three different greens, then I used green, blue and yellow watercolor pencils. Next I used my aquapainter to blend the leaves together. Obviously for the branches and trunk I used some browns with a hint of blue and a few different greens for the grass. The last step was to add swirls with a black sharpie.

The featured artist's name is Kathleen McElwaine. Click HERE to see her work. The piece of art which inspired me can be seen at THIS link. What do you think? Did I capture her style?

That's all folks!

And ... may you ...

stampwithbev * every * day


No comments:

Post a Comment