Wednesday, September 16, 2015

WWC34 Jean's Ombre Challenge

The thing about challenges is just that -- there need to be challenges. We need ideas that take us out of our comfort zone to try something new. Jean created one for me with this challenge. It may seem difficult to believe but I have never created a card using the Ombre technique. Here is the photo sample:


I needed to look up how to do this technique. I headed over to Splitcoaststampers and found there is indeed a tutorial on how to perform the Ombre Effect. I guess you could say I cheated a bit. I didn't just use one colour, I used four. I also went to Google for more ideas. There are many variations to this effect. 

For my interpretation, I placed drops of the four reinkers on an acrylic block and picked up each colour with an aquapainter filled with rubbing alcohol. Remember to overlap the colours a teeny, tiny bit to give the ombre illusion. Oh -- I actually stamped and heat embossed the fern and sentiment before I coloured the paper.

I made this card for my daughter who is embarking on a new career. This is how my card turned out:


stamps: butterfly basics, wild about flowers
ink: soft sky, pool party, bermuda bay, island indigo, versamark
paper: shimmery white, island indigo, whisper white thick
other: aquapainter (filled with rubbing alcohol), white e.p.

Now you can wander over to the Watercooler Wednesday site, and see what my watercooler friends created, then lock yourself up in your crafting space and give it a try. Consider uploading your completed project to our blog. We'd all love to see your very own interpretations. 

Happy trails! (pun intended)

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment