Sunday, June 14, 2015

Jean's Colour Challenge WCC26

On this lazy Sunday in June, I hope you get the chance to have some ice cream. Later today I will have the pleasure of having a piece of ice cream cake. I LOVE ice cream cake. Here are a few ice cream quotes I like:

"It was the color of someone buying you an ice cream cone 
for no reason at all." Lemony Snicket, When Did You See Her Last?

Lemony Snicket's has a fabulous way of creating sentences which help you understand through an all-senses description.

"You can't buy happiness ... But you can buy ice cream and that is pretty much the same thing." Unknown


Which brings me to my take on Jean's challenge for the Watercooler Artists.  Jean gave us three colours to include in our projects. Lucky for me, Jean has allowed us to substitute similar colours. I decided to use Island Indigo, Daffodil Delight and Tip Top Taupe (new in-color 2015).


Just in case you don't get the opportunity to have any ice cream today, Here is an ice cream cone card to fill the void.  To create the effect I wanted, I had to expand the colour basics to a smidgen of real red. How can you have a cherry on top without the colour red? Whisper white pigment ink (a.k.a. white craft ink) was used for the sprinkles on the third cone. Crystal effects was added to the "chocolate" scoops as well as the cherry. I love how this turned out -- wish you could see it in person! Makes a great birthday or Father's Day card, don't you think?


stamps: sprinkles of life
paper: island indigo, whisper white, tip top taupe, daffodil delight, shimmery white, real red
ink: island indigo, daffodil delight, tip top taupe, crystal effects, white craft ink
tools/accessories: extra-large scallop oval and tree builder punches

If you would like to see how the other artists met the challenge and possibly upload your own creation, click HERE.





1 comment:

  1. Bev what a great card. The Sprinkles of Life stamp set is now listed among my favourites. Love your ice cream cones...........awesome. I also love how you include quotes with your written work. You really know your stuff. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete