Sunday, May 31, 2015

Kath's Inspiration Challenge WCC25

"There are no makeovers in my books. The ugly duckling does not become a beautiful swan. She becomes a confident duck able to take charge of her own life and problems." Maeve Binchy 
(I love her books. She was an amazing author)


The picture Kath used for our challenge makes me think of this quote. Not because this duck is ugly, but because it isn't. Sometimes we feel ugly even when we look just fine. But when we are sure of ourselves, the inner glow of that knowledge shines outward lighting our way to be who we are meant to be .... Here is Kath's inspiring picture:


For my card I chose to take inspiration from the colours. I tried to use as many colours as I saw in the lovely duck and the murky, shimmery water. Here is my card:


stamps: world of dreams
paper: always artichoke, dijon delight (new incolor), shimmery white
ink: memento black, always artichoke, smoky slate, calypso coral, lost lagoon, tangerine twist, cajun craze, pumpkin pie, island indigo, early espresso
woodgrain embossing folder

If you would like to see more renditions of this inspiration challenge, go to the Watercooler Challenges Blog. Also please remember we would love for you to participate. You can link up your project from many sites.



1 comment:

  1. Wow you really brought out the inspiration in this card Bev. Beautifully done. I really like the sentiment and the way you've overlapped the leaves and blended the colours. I also like your Maeve Binchley quote; oh so true! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete