Sunday, March 22, 2015

Balloon-o-gram WCC20

It's getting to be that time of year. Oh, come on, you know the time I mean ... you hear this song which actually was written as an expression of bitterness on a relationship break up.
Ironic to say the least.

Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) 
Billie Joe Armstrong for Green Bay

Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road
Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go
So make the best of this test, and don't ask why
It's not a question, but a lesson learned in time

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

So take the photographs, and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth it was worth all the while

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

But we all know it as the song for the finale of Seinfeld or, if you are a little younger, the song played at graduation time.

If you have any graduands or graduates then you may need a card idea.  Here is a card I made for our impending graduate. Shhhhh don't tell him:


stamps: celebrate today
paper: soft suede, whisper white, best year ever DSP, silver glimer, crushed curry, coastal cabana
ink: soft suede, bermuda bay
other: itty bitty accents star & 2" circle punches, balloon framelits dies, 
bermuda bay and silver 1/8" ribbon

I made it to fulfill the requirements for the sketch challenge over at Watercooler Challenges.  It is a fun sketch created by our very own Buffy. Now sketch challenges really stretch my creativity. I get so used to following my own flow that the guidelines can give me goosebumps.  As it is, I did take a few liberties with the sketch. If you get a chance, swing on by the Watercooler, have a peek at the other artists' work, and hey, why not make and post one of yours?

Here's the original sketch:



2 comments:

  1. Hi Bev, love your interpretation of the sketch. What a great idea, using the balloons for your graduation card!

    ReplyDelete