Sunday, November 16, 2014

Christmas is so Merry and Bright

Making Christmas cards really gets me in the Christmas spirit. I love how one idea leads to another, It may be a stamp, a colour, or a "mistake" which opens a door to a completely different design. Before I know it, I have been making cards for hours and I'm singing every Christmas song I know.

After I've made all my cards, I begin the process of sorting out who gets which one. It is quite important to me to match the correct card to each person. I look at my list of recipients and flip through the finished cards to see which one pops out as the "right" one.

Oh --  I suppose you don't realize this ... Every card I do is unique. I have trouble making cards exactly the same -- even when I want to! So, if you are on my card list, and thank me for the card, don't be surprised if I ask which one I gave you. Once it's in the mail, I don't remember ...

When I saw the set "Today and Everyday", I knew I would be using the lanterns for some Christmas cards.  I made this one to enter into the Watercooler Christmas Card Challenge :

 

stamps: Today and Everyday, Christmas Bliss, Work of Art
paper: rich razzleberry, crushed curry whisper white
ink: blackberry bliss, crushed curry tangelo twist, blendabilities: pumpkin pie, rich razzleberry, daffodil delight

Hope you check out all the Christmas cards on the challenge page today.  



3 comments:

  1. Bev, what a fun card! You and I both were in a groove with nontraditional Christmas elements.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev, thank you for being a part of the watercooler challenges. Your card design shows people how simple it is to be creative, and yet, shows a lot of elegance. Some people are scared to stamp because they think it is too difficult. I also like that you pulled in some non traditional colors too. Look forward to see what you will do next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bev, I love the card! You'll have noticed that I went for non-traditional colours as well in mine. It's fun to see what can be done with holiday cards without feeling that they all have to be "traditional". Those lanterns give such a festive feel to your card. I can imagine a big Christmas festival with laughing and good cheer. TFS

    ReplyDelete