Sunday, September 21, 2014

Autumn is among us WCC09

Autumn has always been a favourite season for me. I love to see the changing colours of the leaves. I love to watch them fall to the ground and swirl around in the cooler breezes. The sound of leaves rushing along the sidewalks and streets reminds me of crushing crackers into my soup.  Ha -- got you there. Were you paying attention? But it's true. That is what the sound is like. And soup is a comfort food. I can still remember coming home for lunch and having a nice bowl of tomato soup filled with crushed soda crackers. It is a nice memory.

Anyway, this card was designed to fit the criteria for the Watercooler Challenge WCC09. This is my Hallowe'en / Autumn celebration card.  I definitely would like coffee when I trick or treat at your door.  And yes, I still like to spell Hallowe'en the traditional way.

Lucky me this card also fills a challenge for the Addicted to Stamps Challenge Blog. It is their holiday challenge #113.



stamps: For All Things, Perfect Blend
paper: pumpkin pie, old olive, whisper white basic black
ink: old olive, crumb cake, tangerine tango, pumpkin pie blendabilities, black sharpie
accessories: elegant butterfly punch, 1/2" circle punch

This would be a good time to head over to the Watercooler Challenges page and see what other demos have created for this theme. And, please try one for yourself. Autumn needs to be celebrated. Don't you think?

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bev... thank you for being a part of the Watercooler Challenges! I like your card, it is very unique! I do not, however, like crackers in my soup. I think it's because they get mushy!! When I make tomato soup, I like to put some cheddar cheese in it and of course eat it with a grilled cheese sandwich. Hmm... now I'm thinking I might need to make that very soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bev, I love your take on Hallowe'en. I, too, would LOVE coffee as I go from door to door with the munchkins. Especially since it gets so darned cold here in AB. I would never have thought to use the coffee cup in this way but it's great, especially with the "Trick or Treat" and that bat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bev, I like the way you've combined different fall treats and images. Love the butterfly bat, too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is super cute and just perfect for Fall! Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card makes me want to go 'Trick or Treat'ing now. Great take on Hallowe'en. Thanks for joining us at ATSM this week. Monika

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun...love all the fall elements you've used, Bev! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

    ReplyDelete